Coronavirus Plan & Updates
- Children's Sunday school and Jr. Church are operating in the building
- Sunday evening services in the auditorium and livestreamed on YouTube
- Tuesday evening services in the Auditorium and live on Zoom. Children's summer program for ages 3-6th grade in the Fellowship Hall.
- Children's Ministries will resume for the 10:30AM morning service only (no children's ministries for the Sunday School hour)
- Sunday Evening Service will meet in the building on June 7th for our high-school graduation service. Livestream will be on YouTube, not Zoom.
- All other livestreams will continue as normal (http://fbcidaho.org/live)
To: Fellowship Church Family,
From: Your Pastors and Deacons
We are glad to announce that we will resume on-site public meetings this Sunday, May 3rd. As we have prayed for wisdom, it has been our hope to glorify God and navigate this unusual time in our history in a way that reflects Christ. The Scriptural principles that will help us do that are reflected in Matthew 22:37-40.
(37) Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. (38) This is the first and great commandment. (39) And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. (40) On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.
Combine the above passage with an exhibition of the fruits of the Spirit found in Galatians 5:22-23, and we will do well.
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, (23) Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
It is important to note that the information we have been given is conflicting, and there is a wide range of opinions on its application. We have endeavored to listen to our people and will continue to do so as we organize ourselves for coming back together.
We understand that no one can protect or address your health needs and mandate personal hygiene protocols as well as you. What you do to keep yourself healthy will not only help protect you, but it will have a direct impact on those with whom you come in contact. So, please put in place proper methods and practices that will keep others safe, especially those with higher risk.
We are thankful for the leadership of our country and for the opportunity to work in coordination with President Trump, Governor Little, and both national and local health professionals. We would encourage you to become familiar with the “Idaho Rebounds” website. Look for the document titled “Stage 1 – Places of Worship.” You will find it at https://rebound.idaho.gov/
The following are recommendations, guidelines, and practices we are putting in place so that our church family can know what to expect in our church services through the end of May.
1. It is important to know that we will be observing social distancing practices in our services. Please refrain from physical contact and do your best to keep six feet of distance between each other.
2. Persons with high-risk should consider delaying their return to public services.
3. Please self-monitor your health and that of your family. Consider the following:
If you have been exposed to COVID-19, please wait until medically cleared to return to services.
If you have a fever or suspect that you have sickness, please stay home.
Please cover your coughs / sneezes. Please consider wearing a facemask at your discretion. Linda Ransom will have a few available in the foyer.
4. Service Structure
Sunday School - 9:30am
Derek will be teaching in the auditorium and live streamed to YouTube.
Pastor Jeff will be teaching in the Fellowship Hall and using Zoom.
Pastor Phill plans to teach from home using Zoom.
Gregg Winchester will teach the Teens in David Wong’s classroom.
Sunday Morning – 10:30 Main Service
Both the Auditorium and Fellowship Hall are available for seating.
Sunday Night and Tuesday Night
The church building will be closed for cleaning.
We will have online services for these times using Zoom.
5. Children’s Ministries
On-site Children’s Ministries will be suspended until we have clearance and ability to incorporate them once again.
The non-staffed Nursery is available for changing babies and nursing mothers while observing appropriate spacing.
Classrooms are available for parents to use if their child / children become noisy or restless.
Recorded videos for Sunday School and Junior Church will be posted on YouTube and available through www.fbcidaho.org/live
For the time being, the playground is closed.
6. Temporary procedures
Water fountains have been turned off. Water bottles will be offered in the foyer. Consider bringing your own water or coffee from home as coffee will not be offered at this time.
Disinfecting wipes and hand sanitizer will be available at various locations.
Hymnbooks have been removed and words will be projected on the screen.
Offerings plates will be at the front of your meeting area. If you wish to give, you can do so at the end of the service or during the fellowship time. If desired, offerings can still be mailed.
Seating – to reduce exposure and contamination, we are requesting that you keep the seat you have chosen for the day. That would include both Sunday School and the main service.
We thank the Lord for the opportunity to come together again and look forward to when our services will return to normal. Thank you for your patience as we work through this together. We are praying for you all. If you have any needs, please let us know. We would love to hear from you and invite your input.
In Christ's Love,
Your Pastors and the Deacons.